Thursday, October 29

Michael Connelly, the creator of Harry Bosch.


I just bought Michael Connelly's new book 'Nine Dragons', his latest release on Harry Bosch. I always loved Harry, his character is one of the greatest among literary cops. When Michael came to the Waterfront Hall in Belfast we went along to see him, and naturally he talked about Harry among other things. He said he'd be releasing a book about him soon, and this is it. Except this Harry isn't like himself at all, so far in this book. I'm only a few chapters in, but in Nine Dragons Harry is much more of an ordinary guy.  He's not searching for anything like he did in 'city of bones', there is no urgency there this time.  His only connection to the vic is that he met the guy back in the day and the vic helped him out.  I think he gave him a book of matches.  The vic is an old guy who has been paying off the triad.  Theres a good deal about Chinese culture, but so far not much else, so I'm hoping that as I read more the plot will get better, if not it will have been a disapointment.  I still haven't read 'Scarecrow', that I got signed by Michael, when he came here on his book tour.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment